The other day, I came home tired and grumpy from being at work for over 13 hours (school, then open house at our school). I really just wanted to eat dinner, watch trashy Netflix shows, and go to bed. However, I had an awesome little surprise- a nomination for the Liebster award from the Helpful Vegan (http://thehelpfulvegan.com/). So sweet!
Basically, the Liebster award is to welcome new bloggers (less than 200 followers/friends) into the community. I’m so excited about this and the nomination melts my frozen black heart! ❤
The Rules (from the Helpful Vegan’s blog):
1. Throw some love to the blogger who nominated you- Thank you so much Helpful Vegan!
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you would like to show some love
4. Let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them
5. Give them 11 questions to answer
Participation is completely voluntary!
QUESTIONS GIVEN TO ME:
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
Since teachers around here only get 26 minutes for lunch (which is then reduced even more when you have kids coming on for extra help, dealing with people who lost something, and all the other drama of a junior high), it’s basically impossible to go out to buy lunch. Our school has a small concession, but the only vegan thing on the menu is chips. So, I basically bring dinner leftovers for lunch on most days. At the beginning of this year, a few of my students made it a “thing” to ask me what was for dinner every day- it kind of became an inside joke. After a while, I just made a blog and told them that if they were that interested, they could just look it up!
2. What makes you happiest in life?
Doing things that I love- I love my job, and I choose to surround myself with people that are positive. I also love having goals to work towards, and achieving small challenges (or big ones) gives me a sense of happiness and satisfaction.
3. What is your dream travel destination?
Next on my list is definitely Thailand! I want to volunteer at an elephant sanctuary or orphanage. I love animals and I think working with elephants would be such a great, new experience for me.
4. Do you prefer sweet or savoury food?
Both! I like a nice balance to every meal- I usually like to finish with something sweet at night though. I’m not sure if it’s because of habit, but my body just doesn’t seem “full” until I have a little sweet treat at the end of the day.
5. If you could be an animal, what would you be?
A bear! I have a cuddly, bear-like aura to me, I like to think.
6. What is your favourite colour and why?
Right now I’d have to say turquoise- it seems to go with most things in my wardrobe and make my face look…brighter?
7. What is your favourite book?
-Maggot Moon by Sally Gardner
-A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalid Hosseini
-A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
-Lord of the Flies by William Golding
8. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I CAN be an early bird (I wake up at 5:30 on weekdays right now), but I think I would prefer to be kind of a mid-morning bird. I’m not really productive at night, and I don’t like staying up past midnight so I think that takes me out of the night owl category…
9. What is your perfect idea of a great night?
A nice meal with good friends on a beach.
10. Aside from blogging 😄 what is your favourite way to spend free time?
I love drawing and reading!
11. If you could do one thing to make the world a happier place, what would it be?
I actually try to do my one thing every day already- live compassionately and empathetically with respect for animals and the earth. I feel like being a vegan sort of drives me to make a lot of choices and really think about my impact on the world.
11 BLOGS THAT I WOULD LIKE TO NOMINATE (In random order):
365 Days of food (http://365foodaddiction.com/)
The Graceful Kitchen (http://thegracefulkitchen.net/)
Mtl Food Snob (http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/56919888/)
Vegetarian Foodesigns from the Land of Milk and Honey (http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/60448420/)
Unintentionally Vegan (http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/61251058/) –Almost at 200, and will probably surpass that soon!
Vegan Slaughterer (http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/49981884/)
To Bean Or Not To Bean (http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/56931670/)
Swirls and Spice (http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/42191446/)
Freedom Food Journal (http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/37900398/)
Are there chicken sheds in heaven? (http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/62340002/)
Annnnd my last one doesn’t really fall under the category of being under 200 followers, but I would like to nominate it anyway because it’s a great blog!
Gluten Free Fabulous (http://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/42842559/)
11 QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES:
1. What was your favourite childhood memory?
2. Who was your favourite teacher and why?
3. If you could reach into your computer screen and magically pull out one food to eat right now, what would it be? (show a picture or post a link)
4. If you had to choose between flying, invisibility, and laser vision, which super power would you pick?
5. If you could combine three animals to form a super-animal, what three animals would you choose?
6. What is your biggest fear?
7. Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
8. What is the best feeling the world?
9. Who is your best friend and why?
10. If you won a million dollars and had to spend it all in one day, what would you do?
11. If you were a type of cake, what kind would you be and why?